Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Windows Systems Administrator
The primary responsibility of the Windows Database Administrator is to ensure that the departmental systems are maintained and are highly available to employees in a 24/7 operation.
The post holder will work within a team of System administrators, responsible for managing on a day to day basis the maintenance and support requirements for the IT systems.
Windows Systems Administrator
To management the IT Systems primarily with MSSQL database administration but also the control of the Windows operating system solutions including Exchange email. This includes management of all operating systems, hardware and application software, tuning etc to maximise efficiency and ensure SLA criteria is maintained.
2) To aid in the maintenance of user accounts on the Windows systems maintaining a high levelof security.
3) To assist in maintenance procedures for the monitoring and control of the operating systems to
ensure optimum performance, including operation duties to meet ISO 9002 quality standards.
4) To help implement the necessary changes in accordance to the ICT change process to all systems
and databases and tune for maximum performance, ensuring system and database integrity.
5) To ensure system security is maintained at a high level, and audit trails automatically identify
6) To assist in the management of application upgrades, including from third party systems, ensuring a
smooth implementation and keeping data integrity.
12) To keep abreast of Technical developments by reading and attending seminars and conferences as required.
13) To keep abreast of IT guidelines and ensure team members follow these policies including IT security and data protection.
14) To participate in an out of hours support on-call rota.
15) Occasional requirement to work outside of core service hours.
16) To undertake any other duties which maybe required.
o Develop the BI data staging area, BI data warehouses, cubes, ETL processes in line with business priorities.
o Manage the development process from development, to test to live.
o Supervise development work carried out by the information management team to ensure that the team follows best practice development principles that are aligned to the needs and architecture of the Business Intelligence system.
o Work with business representatives to diagnose and resolve data quality and reporting errors that might be identified in the Business Intelligence reports.
o Attend weekly business definition group meetings and act as the authority on Business Intelligence
o Train the wider Information Management team information analysts on the more advanced elements of Datawarehouse administration over time to support systems resilience.
The primary focus of this challenging role will be to contribute to the smooth running and high availability of the IT systems.
You will have a minimum of 3 years' knowledge and operational experience in the management and administration of a large Windows server environment supporting: Microsoft Windows 2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Active Directory, Exchange 2003 / 2007.
Demonstrating knowledge and experience of VMware, SharePoint, VBscript, PowerShell, .Net or MS-SQL, you will be educated to at least A level standard and have a MCTS SQL qualification(s) or equivalent experience supporting SQL databases.
Experience of working with EMC SAN technology, Avamar or Centera would be a distinct advantage as would experience with Symantec Enterprise Vault or Backup Exec.
7) To be responsible for database back-ups and restores of databases on site.
8) To undertake troubleshooting on the systems, software or hardware, providing diagnosis and
rectification when possible, or escalating to Senior Administrator if necessary.
9) To provide input to meetings, workshops and projects sharing knowledge, working together and
providing training where necessary to ensure the best service possible is provided
10) To help evaluate new systems prior to commissioning and to report findings to the Senior Windows
11) To provide technical advice and support to the Web Development Manager on the technical
development of the Intranet and Trust Internet pages.