Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Workforce Planner job description
To co-ordinate strategic workforce planning, integral to business planning, supporting recruitment strategies, succession planning and commissioning of training.
To provide accurate and timely, benchmarked workforce information to the organisation to support decision-making and planning.
To manage HR Information Systems to maintain high quality data and deliver efficiencies and opportunities for workforce
redesign. To develop the rocesses/procedures and working practices to support the directorate achieve efficient, effective processes around appointments, variations and terminations. Working with the Workforce & OD team, managers, and other teams across the Trust to ensure HR transactional processes meet the needs of all stakeholders and make best use of /introduce technological solutions.
Key Result Areas:
1. To have made an effective contribution to reaching the vision, strategic objectives and key work programmes.
2. Deliver an integrated (to the business) workforce plan
3. Forecast and deliver workforce plans to provide safe staffing levels and mix (permanent/temporary;experience
1. To provide workforce information reports that include meaningful trends and analysis to divisions and directorates and HR colleagues, to support the management and deployment of the permanent and temporary workforce.
2. To ensure that workforce monitoring reports are accurate and informative, and
• Accompanied by adequate explanation
• Presented in a manner which is easily understandable for the audience
• Related to Service/HR needs
4. To make best use of existing systems such as ESR, , Outlook, shared drives, and
other software packages to simplify, speed up and share transactional processing, related data and
to investigate opportunities for new systems, software to support the processes
clinical/managerial staff to bring about change
5. To research transactional processes in other NHS or other organisations to seek best practice and make use of already available systems.
6. To work with W&OD teams to ensure that new procedures/protocols are written up, clear and wellcommunicated, published, publicised.
7. To ensure that line managers, staff have access to advice and information
and training in regard to HR transactional policies and processes.
8. To ensure all users (managers and HR) are trained and supported to use the HR systems, working with the IT training team to provide up to date and relevant training and documentation.
9. To support the development and implementation of IT solutions across the directorate to achieve efficiencies and improve processes.
10. To ensure policies and operating procedures relating to the systems are relevant and up to date, and user friendly.
Attitude, Behaviour and Values
• Customer service focus
• Willing and able to take personal responsibility
• Demonstrates passion for excellence
• Seeks out and takes opportunities for improving the service offered
• Takes pride in their work and their team
• Flexible in their attitudes and behaviours to support team working and delivery of
• Respects, values and cares for others
• Supports learning and development of self and others
• Supports and promotes equality and diversity
At least 3 years experience of working in workforce planning or a related field.
Experience of data sources and information flows and their scope and limitations.
Experience in the use of tools and techniques in data collection, manipulation and analysis, including planning, forecasting and modelling and database development.
Knowledge of completing DH requirements for workforce returns.
Understanding and ability to use statistical techniques
Proven ability to produce, analyse and interpret complex sets of information to support the diagnosis of problems
Ability to present and explain complex information to non-technical staff in a user-friendly
Strong numeracy skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to work effectively with and influence a range of clinical and managerial staff across the Trust
Ability to work as a part of a small team and independently as a self-starter
3. To develop and maintain a range of comparative workforce data to inform the key performance indicators and support performance monitoring.
4. To benchmark key workforce indicators for the Trust against external organisations, locally, regionally or nationally, utilising valid sources of data enable to benchmark its performance against other organisations.
5. To work with managers and HR colleagues to ensure workforce information is accurate and
relevant to service and organisational needs.
1. To support work on role redesign, taking the lead where appropriate.
2. To identify service areas which may benefit from role redesign and work with the relevant staff to bring about change
HR Information Systems
1. To be responsible for the development and maintenance of databases, systems and data collection
to enable timely, accurate and intelligent analyses of the workforce.
2. To maximise benefits from HR systems through implementation of self-service functionality.
3. To implement clear, agreed protocols/procedures/policies in regard to the HR/Payroll transactional
processes and the responsibilities of managers, staff, workforce directorate, against agreed project